Thursday, January 15, 2009

When was the last time you checked your Friendster page?

For me, it's been years. But I did it this morning because I wanted to see if I was still "friendsters" with this one dude that I haven't seen in a bajillion years. Long story.

Anyway, it's sort of like an abandoned amusement park- it's desolate and creepy. Apparently a few people have checked in in the past year, but not many.

The thing about Friendster though were the testimonials. Because, like at first, people just wrote nice things about you. I still have a few of them (down to 21 because most people have deleted their profiles by now), including pretty much two of the nicest things anyone has ever said about me:

From my darling friend Ryan, who is totally grown up now and in fact engaged. I was totally a bad influence on him and he loves me for it. Except for the time we got mauled by angry cops at a WTO protest in DC, I don't think he appreciated that so much.:

"life would suck without her. i heard this cramps song one time called "dames, booze, chains and boots" and immediately thought of robyn, i dont even know why. but shes definitely a real special dame. even tho sometimes i feel like a little brother, she helped me start smoking and curses me for being underage. robyn knows just about everyone in a 100 mile radius. she has the most original style that only she can get away with, try not to stare at her boobs tho, they like to play peek-a-boo from behind her SalvArm treasures. i love robyn, only a real friend would pull over to buy you cigs with her credit card."

And from my friend Ian, who is in fact a ridiculously talented musical genius.

"OK, admit it: Robyn is pretty f'n awesome. She's hot, she's smart, she's immediately friendly in a way all you lame-ass indie rockers are not, she's tough, she's a political activist who does more than you did, she's honest to the point of being in-your-face, she is a radical feminist who's pro-sex and not at all dogmatic, she has a great sense of humor and irony, she's fun and the first to rock out / play board games / watch cheesey horror movies. If you can't take her loud raucous assault on everything in her way, then yr just dumb."

Awww! I'm plotzing all over again. It's a very rosy picture (in my interpretation), and I feel a bit vain about posting it on here, but whatever. I'm totally allowed.

No comments: