Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I thought Fox News was already Fake News...

Apparently, Fox News is trying out its own "conservative version of The Daily Show" called "The Half Hour News Hour." Guests will include the always hilarious Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter!... uh...

See, ok, this is the thing- Republicans are not funny. It's pretty much a fact. I mean, sure- they have their comedic heroes like that Cable Guy or whatever... but he's not funny. I saw the preview for his movie a while back, and I was literally stunned that there were people who found him at all entertaining. Dennis Miller stopped being funny the second he went all wingnut. For real. It's not like I can't find people funny if I disagree with them- he just went totally flat post-conversion.

Because, well- I'll explain. Making fun of rich people- this could be funny. Making fun of the homeless... generally disturbing on all levels of human decency. It's not funny to hear the powerful making fun of the powerless, for the oppressors to make fun of the oppressed. It's awkward, yes, but not in any way that would be construed as funny. Also, how many Born Again Christian comedians are there? None that I know of. 'Cause, you know, while it's damned hilarious if someone believes that they are going to be vacuumed up into heaven someday and leave their clothes in a pile on the ground... it is not funny that people do not think that. Like "Oh my god, those athiests- are they wacky! They don't believe in guardian angels and the rapture!" Not funny. Not at all.

I have a feeling it's going to be a lot of fart jokes and varying renditions of "the gay voice."

No comments: