Saturday, May 2, 2009

I can scream as loud as your last one, but I can't claim innocence

What does it say about me that I am currently writing a story inspired in part by a Tori Amos song? Isn't that just so highschool-y? I don't know, I just had it stuck in my head all day.



Funny but true story (not the one I'm working on)- When I was in 6th grade, my Uncle asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I said a Tori Amos CD or something. However, he ended up getting me a Laurie Anderson CD. There is a bit of a difference there. Mostly in terms of the fact that it is the rare 11 year old that has an affinity for Laurie Anderson.



And yet, my sister and I did appreciate it. We thought it was explicitly HILARIOUS. Especially because there was some song with a part that went "Coo Coo, it's cold outside! Don't forget your mittens!" We invented dances. We did our own performance art. We were just that way.

No comments: