Thursday, February 5, 2009

HA! I told you Etta wasn't going to be happy about that.

You know, sometimes people say "I hate to say I told you so"- I don't. I love to say I told you so. It's one of my favorite things to do. It makes me feel vindicated. I like feeling vindicated.

And so it goes with this. Now, after the innauguration, many people had the pleasure of hearing me kvetch about Beyonce singing "At Last" while Etta James was alive and well and in fact still touring. I was not pleased with it. And I knew, deep in my heart of hearts, that Etta wasn't either. "Maybe she was sick with a cold!" some people said, "Maybe she *wanted* to pass on the torch (song)" said others, but I knew, I just knew, that Etta was not pleased, and did not sign off on that.

I win. Also, if there is in fact a fight, my money is on Etta.

No comments: