Monday, March 30, 2009

SQUEE!!!!

Oh my goodness!

When we first started doing the Sunday Night Sex Show, I'd walk into the bar at 7:30, find that I was the only one there, and panic and drink too much until like, my 20 or so friends showed up (after I sent them many panicky texts). Well, 20 would be a number I was thrilled with. But like, NOW, I get there, and there are like, already like 30-40 people that I don't even know, already there! According to the bartender, we had about 70 people total! They're actually getting worried that we might be bringing *too* many people, but the owner says he's possibly going to open up a space in the back for larger events. That would be totally amazing, since we keep getting more people each time and we absolutely refuse to leave The Burlington.

YAY.

Check out pictures of this month's show here, courtesy of the lovely and talented Melissa Fisher.

UPDATE: Due to popular demand, I have officially created a site/blog/whathaveyou for the show! You can find us at http://sundaynightsexshow.blogspot.com. Adjust your blogrolls accordingly, bitches.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have no idea how cool I think this is and how badly I wish we had something like this in my area. I would try to start something but I wouldn't even know where to begin, and have no one that is into that kind of thing down here to help me.

Robyn said...

I swear to god, it was so easy. We just asked our favorite bar if we could do it there, and they said yes, so I got a bunch of my writer friends to read, we did some flyering and promoting, and now, after 7 months, we've built up a bit of a following.

The best part about our show is that no one has to be into any kind of thing at all to read or attend. It's all just pretty open.