Thursday, March 12, 2009

I will not be ignored!

So, according to some study I read over the weekend, the Justice Department has found out that text messaging is becoming a popular method of stalking. To which, I say- duh.

Let me tell you a story. A couple weeks ago I was out with a friend, and a friend of her friend decided I was very impressive and awesome or something due to my ability to sing along with both Frank Sinatra and Biggie Smalls (which, you know, means a *lot* of people are very impressive and awesome. Probably most people you and I know.). He went on about this for some time, and when I went to the ladies room, he took my phone, put his number in it, and then called his own phone.

THUS, I have been receiving various random messages from this dude for the past three weeks or so. I have yet to respond. He has also found me on Facebook and "poked" me like 37 times. I have yet to respond.

I don't think that's actual stalking, of course. But it is annoying. In the olden days, people were much easier to avoid! The thing about text messaging is that it's less ignorable than other things. You can't really pretend you never got it- and if you don't open it, your phone is going to keep beeping at you until you do. Oy.

2 comments:

Tankboy said...

Seriously? Taking someone's phone and getting their number without their knowledge.

I'm pretty sure that's WAY up there on the Creepy-O-Meter.

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.