Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's funny 'cause it's true

I totally have a new girlcrush, thanks to Britni- the ladyduo of Garfunkel and Oates.



This particular song, "My Self Esteem's Not Low Enough To Date You" struck a chord with me, primarily because... I think I've actually said that before- and meant it completely earnestly. If not that, then definitely things along those lines.

This one is also glorious.



The weirdest thing ever is that pregnant women come into my store simply to point at articles of clothing and tell me that they can't wear such things anymore, you know, because they're pregnant. I try to show them jewelry, but to no avail. Actually, what's funny is that I just had my first experience ever with a friend telling me she was pregnant and it being a good thing. It was totally weird because my first reaction, usually, is "Oh my god! What are you going to do?"- but like, my friend is in her 30's, married to a nice guy, financially stable and not irresponsible and selfish like me and most of my other friends. Crazy!

No comments: