Monday, April 2, 2007

Yeah, because Melville was such a sexpot...

Is this a joke?

Wow, an investigative piece on whether or not Jane Austen was attractive or not! Go New York Times!

NOBODY knows for sure what Jane Austen looked like, which is causing some of her admirers a degree of anxiety these days. Was she attractive or not? What if, to put it bluntly, she became a writer in part because she didn’t have the looks to land a husband along the lines of a Mr. Darcy or a Mr. Knightley?

Oh, yeah, because we all know that women only do things with their lives because they can't get a man. Duh. And all this anxiety! Oh my god! The horror of reading a romance novel by a chick who may not have been hot! I feel so decieved! I mean, frankly, I personally only want to read books by supermodels!



Now this is what I call quality literature!

Good god.

No comments: