Sunday, July 5, 2009

Really, Greenpeace?

I have pretty much the worst time ever saying no to canvassers- at least as long as I generally agree with them. I did NYPIRG for like a week, so I've got a lot of empathy (worst time ever. I love you Ralph Nader, but my my feet did not)- plus, I like talking to people who are really dedicated to some sort of non-jesus related world saving cause. Too many people talk about nothing. So, anyway, amongst other things, I am a member of Greenpeace. Not a fancy member. They just take 15 dollars out of my account every month, and send me updates. Well, not updates so much as vaguely threatening sounding emails.

Let me illuminate you:

"Traitor Joe's: Your One Stop Shop for Ocean Destruction"
"Carting Away The Ocean: How Do YOU Rate?"
"Is Amazon Destruction At Your feet?"
"Poison Gas: Can YOU Escape?"
"Are You In Danger?"
"36 Days Left to Save The Polar Bear!"
"URGENT: 1 Week Left To Save The Planet!"
"IL: Run For Your Life!"
"Are Pirates in YOUR Supermarket?"

Is that really necessary, Greenpeace? Honestly, no.

No comments: